SmartHoldem 2.0: Blockchain technology innovations
SmartHoldem 2.0: Blockchain technology innovations
SmartHoldem 2.0 is the beginning of a new era. We strive for innovation and our approach to development has been methodical and balanced. We’ve abandoned quick fixes and taken the path that will lead us to real change.
We are pleased to announce the launch of a series of SmartHoldem 2.0 updates. These fundamental updates place SmartHoldem at the forefront of innovation in the emerging blockchain technology ecosystem.
Everything we do is aimed to provide accessibility. We are building a future where everyone can use crypto and benefit from Web3. We believe that innovation should be safe for our planet, which is why we focus on green technologies.
SmartHoldem 2.0 offers unique features and benefits. We provide tools to help you fully take advantage of the potential of blockchain technologies. We are building a decentralized platform where everyone can participate and contribute to the development of the ecosystem.
Our team is working hard to make SmartHoldem a place where innovation meets safety and sustainability. Our goal is to create an ecosystem that will serve as a foundation for other projects in the blockchain industry
SmartHoldem 2.0 isn’t only new features and capabilities, but also a new philosophy. We invite you to join us on this journey to create a better future for all of us together.
Welcome to the new era of SmartHoldem 2.0!
WHAT IS SMARTHOLDEM 2.0
SmartHoldem 2.0 is a next-generation open-source hybrid blockchain platform based on the world's first consensus mechanism with a unique combination of Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) and Proof of SpaceTime (PoSt) algorithms.
SmartHoldem 2.0 is a fundamental change in the structure of the platform, which solves the well-known trilemma in the world of cryptocurrencies, consisting of 3 main tasks - security, scalability and decentralization. SmartHoldem has managed to find an approach that solves the blockchain trilemma without any compromise.
Scalability is a key aspect of blockchain technology development. It allows you to process a large number of transactions in a short time and provides efficient operation of the network.
The balance between transaction processing speed, dynamic fees, security and decentralization provides the necessary scalability for the efficient development of the SmartHoldem platform by growing demand.
SmartHoldem DPoS is ready to process from 500 to 4000 transactions in a block:
- 500 transactions/block: 3750 transactions/60sec = 5,400,000 transactions/24 hours
- 4000 transactions/block: 30 000 transactions/60sec = 43,200,000 transactions/24 hours
- Proof of SpaceTime improves the overall security of the blockchain, increases resistance to “51% attacks”, and reduces the carbon footprint of any app deployed on SmartHoldem PoSt.
- Delegated Proof of Stake works with Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT). This ensures that blocks are always completed and can never be returned.
Decentralization is fundamental in the world of blockchain technology.
SmartHoldem DPoS and PoSt blockchains are decentralized so that no single person or group has control—instead, all users collectively retain control.
Decentralized blockchains are immutable, which means that the data entered is irreversible. Transactions are permanently recorded and viewable to anyone.
DPoS and PoSt are two consensus mechanisms. DPoS works with elected delegates who validate transactions and secure the network. This mechanism offers fast transaction speeds and scalability, making it suitable for applications requiring high throughput. PoSt is similar to Proof-of-Work (PoW), except PoSt participants contribute disk space instead of computation power to verify cryptographic proofs.
To harness the strengths of both mechanisms, SmartHoldem devs are working towards uniting DPoS and PoSt consensus within a single infrastructure. By combining the advantages of both mechanisms, SmartHoldem aims to create a more robust and efficient blockchain network.
Combine of DPoS and PoSt consensus can offer several benefits:
Firstly, it can enhance the security of the network through the unique Proof of SpaceTime (PoSt) consensus mechanism requires users to employ unused hard-drive space to coordinate block production, and earn rewards. The PoSt network supports an unlimited number of nodes, where each node confirms blocks.
Secondly, in a DPoS network, validators are chosen through a decentralized democratic voting process. Delegates with a strong reputation are more likely to be elected as validators. Users maintain control over the system, meaning the users can also remove delegates from Top validators if they work with inefficiency.
This combined approach ensures that no single entity can monopolize the decision-making process or manipulate the network.
The integration of DPoS with PoSt can lead to improved scalability. DPoS's fast transaction speeds and ability to handle a large number of transactions can complement PoSt's energy-efficient validation process, enabling the network to process a higher volume of transactions without sacrificing security or decentralization.
SmartHoldem blockchains foster a more inclusive and participatory ecosystem. DPoS allows coin holders to elect delegates, giving them a voice in the network's governance. By combining this with POST consensus, where farmers/miners are directly linked to the ability to validate transactions, a more equitable distribution of power can be achieved.
Integration of DPoS and PoSt consensus mechanisms within a single blockchain infrastructure holds great promise for the crypto community. Such integration addresses the limitations and creates a more robust and efficient network.
The interaction between DPoS and PoSt blockchains will be implemented through an innovative SID protocol.
This protocol, which stands for Smart Inter-Chain Data Communication Protocol, will be integrated into the DpoS and PoSt SmartHoldem nodes, where blockchains can directly communicate with each other for certain types of transactions. The SID module ensures that the SmartHoldem STH coin is not duplicated in another blockchain, further enhancing the integrity of the system.
The SID protocol establishes a novel standard for exchanging data between blockchains, eliminating the need for a third-party intermediary.
By utilizing the SID module, other blockchain projects can effectively implement standardized inter-blockchain communication. This enables the establishment of a decentralized network consisting of independent chains that can seamlessly exchange information and assets.
This concept, often referred to as the "Internet of Blockchains," holds the potential for enhanced scalability and interoperability.
Another major update is the revolutionary SmartHoldem emission model.
Deflationary Model with Limited Emission
SmartHoldem STH is moving from an inflationary model and becomes a deflationary limited-emission cryptocurrency encrypted in the protocol.
The deflationary model will reduce the total supply of the SmartHoldem STH cryptocurrency and determine the supply circulation without coin duplication in the blockchains:
Min 100,000,000 STH
Max 150,000,000 STH
Blockchains DPoS and PoSt directly interact with each other allowing you to create interesting business models.
SmartHoldem platform offers new blockchain gaming solutions and mechanics that will help game developers and studios to rethink their work with monetization and game values and items, creation, and managing identity, data, copyrights, and other digital assets.
- The goal of SmartHoldem 2.0 updates is to make the network as decentralized as possible, process significantly more transactions, improve network stability, reduce network fees, and expand the platform's multi-chain architecture.
SmartHoldem Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) is a fast, efficient, democratic and flexible consensus.
SmartHoldem DPoS blockchain will include new types of transactions such as multiple payments, game transactions, multi-signatures, crypto-signatures, second passphrase, burn transactions, registration transactions, IPFS hash transactions, hashed time-lock contract (HTLC), Zero Knowledge Proofs transactions, delegate resignation and copyright registration.
SmartHoldem DPoS upgrade will increase the number of transactions per block and the speed of transaction processing by reducing the number of validators to 21. This enables the development of a wide range of apps, from decentralized exchanges to online games and others.
- The delegate selection system will remain unchanged; the number of nodes isn’t limited. In the SmartHoldem network, the Top 21 Delegates are the main validators of the network and perform the transaction confirmation and the addition of new blocks
- Delegates can’t change or influence the transaction. Delegating can be compared to a system of democratic elections. Community members vote for the Nodes they want to see in the TOP 21.
- Delegates for each block creation and validation round are selected randomly.
- Any user can become a SmartHoldem delegate and earn rewards by developing, maintaining and strengthening the network. For this goal, you need to install the Node in accordance with the technical requirements.
SmartHoldem Proof of SpaceTime (PoSt) update is the most decentralized new green innovative consensus algorithm that reduces mining power consumption and uses disk space as a transaction validator. Users who provide their own disk space to support the network are rewarded.
SmartHoldem PoSt network is initially based on the Chia cryptocurrency consensus. We plan to improve and modernize the source code, making the SmartHoldem platform more convenient for users.
Anyone can run a SmartHoldem PoSt node and earn rewards in SmartHoldem STH and Chia XCH.
In SmartHoldem PoSt network, users store large data files, known as “plots,” that contain collections of pre-generated hashes. These users, known as “farmers,” are tasked with scanning stored plots using software, known as a harvester, to find a hash code closest to the requested hash.
- The probability of solving the challenge and earning block rewards is proportional to a farmer’s share of the total storage space being deployed to the network. Farming uses very little network capacity and almost no resources other than storage.
- The cost of farming on the PoSt algorithm is hundreds of times lower than the cost of PoW Mining. It happens because of reducing equipment requirements and energy costs. On average, one hard drive consumes 3 - 10 watts.
Chia Network is a revolutionary public blockchain architected for real-world utility.
The Chia mainnet was launched in 2021. It was developed by Bram Cohen, the creator of BitTorrent. Chia is positioning itself as the first enterprise-grade digital money. One of the main goals of Chia is probably the desire to become the first publicly traded “almost ETF” cryptocurrency, as well as providing blockchain solutions based on Chia for the state. The Chia Network Inc. is a commercial company that manages a pre-farmed 21,000,000 Chia XCH. At the moment, about 1,200,000 Chia XCH have been mined by crypto enthusiasts using farming.
The main differences between SmartHoldem PoSt network and Chia:
- Full decentralization without KYC
- Lack of a centralized shareholders council with access to a strategic supply of coins
- Deflationary Limited Emission Algorithm
- The SmartHoldem PoSt network supports farming of two cryptocurrencies SmartHoldem STH and Chia XCH at once.
- Farmed coins can be used in the SmartHoldem DpoS network, in gaming apps, DeFi liquidity pools in various blockchains, in the SmartHolder Staking program, or trading on exchanges.
Features of SmartHoldem 2.0
- SmartHoldem will be 99% faster and more productive. It is assumed that after the network upgrade, all gaming apps will work on DpoS SmartHoldem without the need to connect additional blockchains to validate game events. SmartHoldem STH is the main asset for calculation in all gaming apps.
Farming and Forging
- Anyone in the world will be able to farm (mine) Smartholdem STH on the SmartHoldem PoSt network, even on an old hard drive or laptop, without restrictions.
- In the SmartHoldem DPoS network, any SmartHoldem holder can vote for a delegate from the TOP 21 with Rewarder installed and receive part of the network fees.
4 PHASE SMARTHOLDEM 2.0
SmartHoldem 2.0 will be launched in 4 stages:
Phase 0 – SmartHoldem DPoS testnet launch (July 2023)
- Public testnet stress test broadcast on SmartHoldem YouTube channel
Phase 1 - SmartHoldem DPoS mainnet launch (July-August 2023)
- Infrastructure update (wallet, block explorer, API, documentation, platform website update, translations)
- TRNG service
- Decentralized Poker Room Platform
Phase 2 – SmartHoldem PoSt testnet launch (2024)
Phase 3 - SmartHoldem PoSt mainnet launch (2024)
- New infrastructure integration (wallet, block explorer, API, documentation)
Phase 4 - Connecting Smart Inter-Chain Data Communication Protocol (2024)